Effective Date: 5, 2017
This privacy statement applies to yellowseabird.com owned and operated by Yellow Seabird Bed & Breakfast Inn. This privacy statement describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide on our web site: yellowseabird.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. We may amend this privacy statement from time to time, so visit this page regularly to keep abreast of the updates
The type of personal information we collect.
The types of personal information that we collect include:
- Your first name, last name, email address, phone number and home address;
- Credit card details (type of card, credit card number, name on card, expiration date and security code);
- Guest stay information, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities or any other services used);
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
When you visit our website, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation. If this data can identify you as a natural person, this data is considered personal information which is subject to this privacy statement.
You may always choose what personal information (if any) you wish to provide to us. If you choose not to provide certain details, however, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
Why do we collect, use and share your personal information?
- Reservations: we use your personal information to complete and administer your online reservation and to send you a confirmation email, a pre-arrival email and provide you with information about the area and our accommodation.
- Customer service: we use your personal information to provide customer service.
- Guest reviews: we may use your contact information to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travelers to choose the accommodation that suits them best.
- Marketing activities: we also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law.
- Other communications: there may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you have not finalised a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodation again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with our website.
- Comply with regulatory and legal obligations: we may use your personal information to comply with regulatory and legal obligations.
- Fraud detection and prevention: we may use your personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving our services: finally, we use your personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
How do we share your personal information with third parties?
We may share your personal information with third parties as set out below.
- Third-party service providers: We may use service providers to process your personal information strictly on our behalf. This processing would be for purposes such as facilitating reservation payments, sending out marketing material or for analytical support services. These processors are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for their own purposes or any other purpose.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal information to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to provide services to you, comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. All personal information we retain will be subject to this privacy statement.
What is a cookie?
We try to give you an advanced and user-friendly website in accordance with your needs and wishes. To achieve this, our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: We use technical cookies to show you our website. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you use our website efficiently and effectively.
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how you use the website, to find out what works and what doesn’t, to optimize and improve our website, and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which webpages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of times you click on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity and the text they type while using our website. These analytic cookies may collect personal information.
How long do our cookies stay active?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans, depending the purpose for which the cookie is used. The maximum lifespan we set on some is five years from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want.
Do we use third-party cookies?
Yes, we use the services of third-party providers for analytical purposes, for example by Booking.com. These analytical tracking technologies include: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts. Booking.com may also place cookies for its own purposes as further described in http://www.booking.com/content/privacy.html. The tracked information is used within Yellow Seabird Bed & Breakfast Inn in the marketing automation, customer relationship management, and business intelligence systems. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis. The providers we use are committed to establishing responsible business and data-management practices and standards.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. You can go to the “Help” function in their browser to locate the settings they need.
Like most website operators, yellowseabird.com collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. yellowseabird.com’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how yellowseabird.com’s visitors use its website.
The data Piwik collects is never sent to other servers or to third parties. It is used in anonymised form to improve our services. IP addresses are stored in Piwik without the final tuple.
By using this web site, you agree that the data Piwik collects about you may be processed in the manner previously described and for the purpose previously stated.
Opting-out of website tracking?
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to yellowseabird.com’s websites choose to interact with yellowseabird.com in ways that require yellowseabird.com to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that yellowseabird.com gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. In each case, yellowseabird.com collects such information only as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with yellowseabird.com. yellowseabird.com does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
yellowseabird.com will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone.
If you are a registered user of a yellowseabird.com newsletter and have supplied your email address, yellowseabird.com may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with yellowseabird.com. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum.
yellowseabird.com takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
yellowseabird.com may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, yellowseabird.com may reveal how many views a particular SoundScape got or how many people have assigned to the newsletter.
What security procedures do we have in place to safeguard your personal information?
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard any personal information given to us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal information on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal information in the course of their work.
Access to Information
How can you control the personal information you have given to us?
You have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com. We kindly request you to please write “Request personal information” in the subject line of your email.
We ask you to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. If the personal information we have about you is incorrect, out-of-date or not relevant anymore for the purposes collected, we will update or remove it at your request. We kindly request you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days. However, we may need to retain certain information, for example, for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities.
Yellow Seabird Bed & Breakfast Inn controls the processing of personal information collected from the website and via the cookies. Yellow Seabird Bed & Breakfast Inn at 9383 Pepperell St. in Peter’s, NS B0E 3B0. If you have any suggestions, requests or comments about privacy, personal information, cookies and how we handle personal information, you can send an email to email@example.com.